Friday, December 30, 2011

List of Books to Read in 2012

For I am a reader as well as a writer. In no particular order:

  • A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami
  • A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
  • The Great Gatsby by Scott F. Fitzgerald
  • Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
  • Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
  • Betwixt by Tara Bray Smith
  • Tales of Madman Underground by John Barnes
  • Walden by Henry David Thoreau
  • The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
  • To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • The Stranger by Albert Camus
  • Les Miserables by Hugo Victor
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • 1984 by George Orwell
  • Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan (once it comes out!)
  • Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
  • The Color Purple by Alice Walker
  • Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
  • Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
  • One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  • A Tree Grows in Brookyln by Betty Smith 
  • A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
  • I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou (summer reading list)
  • The Little Prince by Atoine de Saint-Exupery
  • City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare (when it comes out)
  • The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
  • Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak (my childhood stank, obviously)
Oh lordy, wish me luck. As you can see, I read pretty much anything except for romance. I don't expect to enjoy all of these books, but I do want to read them in case I do. Have a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment