Sunday, November 27, 2011

In which I managed to write 10k words in one night.

Decisively deciding that yesterday night would hold a decisive battle in the war against me not winning NaNo, I headed to the sofa and thanked God for the fact that we didn't have Internet in our hotel room. (Right, I was in a hotel room. I could have been watching TV or playing pool or whatever you do in hotels, but I wasn't. Props to me.) My fingers tap tap tapped the keys like mad; I think typing should be a sport. I had to take a break because I got hand cramps. I deserve a medal in my humblest of opinions. Four hours after a mad dash to 40k words, I press alt+T+W and alas! I had reached my word count goal for the day.

If I could write at that breakneck pace everyday, then I'd be long done with my novel by now. But I don't work at a mechanically steady pace. I have my lackadaisical why-am-I-even-doing-this days, and my less common determined let's-get-down-to-business days. There's only three days left in NaNo, and I need to stay in the latter stage in order to be a winner. Let's hope I do.

1 comment:

  1. Just found you at The Cupcake Bakery (I'm Cupcake's mom) and I must say I'm impressed with your writing and your blog.

    ReplyDelete