Saturday, November 12, 2011

Seize the Sun and other nonsensical things

Greetings and welcome to yet another blog post. Happy Saturday!

So this month I've been working on a novel called Seize the Sun, which is what I'm using for NaNoWriMo. And I actually like it. I haven't lost faith in it at all yet. I love my MC and the way she says she hates everything but doesn't. I'm in love with her best friend, the literary personification of my quote, unquote Dream Guy. Ugh, have you ever wished fictional character was real? (Especially you, Mr. Peeta Mellark.) 

And here is a summary of Seize the Sun:

Charlene is a volcano. Over the fourteen years she's been bubbling up, always staying below the boiling point. But ever since ninth grade--and the bullcrap it brings--started, she's been heating up. When her best and only friend kills herself, she erupts. But it's not a huge explosion. It's a sort of simmer, a gradual downpour of thoughts and feelings. It's quiet, almost unnoticeable. It's called depression. Follow Charlene into the world of ninth grade. There are finals and flash cards and mean girls and unfair teachers. There are psychiatrists that cost money and anti-depressants and lots of people who don't understand. Most importantly, there is a handful of people who do understand. And they just might make all the difference.

Writing this is really a channel for me, like I'm transferring all my bad feelings from my mind into Charlene's. And I feel bad for poor Charlene since she has her own struggles. But shush. In my opinion, it's a way to get real-er characters. I've never been clinically depressed so some of it is up to my imagination and internet research. It'd be smart to head over to the library and check out some books about depression, but I think I've lost my library card....Heh.

Keep calm and write on.

No comments:

Post a Comment